Background

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Something New!

A while back I had a friend of mine trying to get me to do a food blog and post all of my "supposedly good" recipes.  So I finally caved and thought I would do it.  Anyone who knows me well, knows that I love to spend my time in the kitchen!  I absolutely love cooking!!!  It is my therapy, my getaway.  However, in order for me to get really into it I have to have a decent work area.  So unfortunately I haven't been able to do some really awesome things because I live in an apartment and have the most unconventional kitchen.  In fact it actually discourages me from cooking.  Sad, I know :( 
So someday I will have the most amazing workable kitchen!

  
I graduated with a degree in Family Consumer Science Education.  Let me guess what you are thinking, "Huh?  Family..wha..."  In other words, Home Ec, but they changed the name years ago.  Anyway, so I teach the fun classes: cooking, food science, Nutrition, interior design, sewing, adult living, child care/parenting, preschool, home, family & money management, and fashion.  I know, it is quite the load, huh?!  But just because I teach all those subjects doesn't mean I am an expert in each one either.  But I love learning and each day I continue to study in each of those areas.  


So this blog is going to be dedicated to all my fun little recipes and things that I like to create.  I really don't like following recipes.  I usually do my own thing, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.  
So here we go!!
  


2 comments:

  1. Yea!!! I'm so excited, Tara!! And super proud! ;) I seriously cannot wait to see what you share here. I'm bouncing with excitement . . . inside, of course! :)

    ReplyDelete