Background

Monday, February 11, 2013

Gourmet Grilled Chz

I am quite the sandwich lover!  Yum Yum!!

I just love the endless ideas and creations that you can put together.  

In my personal opinion what really makes a sandwich is the bread and sauce.  

My personal favorite is sourdough!!! My favorite sour dough bread that I think is by far the best I have ever had is from Trader Joes.  Sadly, there isn't one near us. Ho hum....  We just have Sprouts and Whole foods. :(  SO I guess I need to spread my wings and see if I can find anything comparable.

Anyway, this scrumptious sandwich that I am going to be telling you about today has become a household favorite.  Why may you ask??? Because of the sourdough and homemade guacamole!!!


This little beauty is....a 
Grilled Cheese with Bacon and Guacamole

4 slices of Sourdough
4 slices of cooked bacon
1 avacado
1/2 tsp of Tony Chachere's Creole
3 T Butter
4 slices Cheddar or Pepper jack Chz

* Guacamole: mash avacado and stir in Tony Chachere's 
Original Creole Seasoning 3.25 oz.
(THE BEST SEASONING!!! We literally put it on everything!  We will have to talk more about this later.  
So amazing on Corn-on-the-Cob!)

To prepare:
Using a griddle or frying pan, butter one side of each slice of bread.
Place the slices, butter side down, on pan or griddle.
 On one slice layer bacon, then cheese.
2nd slice spread on guacamole mixure.

Let them lightly brown and then put the slices together and flip between both slices cooking both sides and making sure cheese is melted.

If the brad gets too brown and cheese is not melted, remove from pan or griddle and put in microwave for 30 seconds to melt cheese.

Then take a big bit and be prepared to love it!

You can put as much or as little of the ingredients that you want!  That is the beauty of sandwiches!  

Also preparing the sandwiches and then placing them in the oven on broil works too!  The bread just doesn't get as "crispy."



No comments:

Post a Comment