Background

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Guest Recipe - Honey Lime Enchiladas

This recipe is courtesy of my best friend Jessica Price.  This is fabulous and you all need to try it!
Honey Lime Enchiladas


6 tbs. honey
5 tbs. lime juice (1 large lime)
1/2 tbs. chili powder
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 lb. chicken (3 small breasts)
8-10 flour tortillas
1 pd. monetary jack cheese (shredded)
16 oz. green enchilada sauce
1 cup heavy whipping cream

Mix first four ingredients and toss with shredded chicken. Marinate for at least 1/2 hour. Pour 1/2 cup sauce on bottom of 9×13 baking pan. Fill flour tortillas with chicken and shredded cheese. Mix remaining sauce with cream and left over marinade. Pour sauce on top of enchiladas and sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 350 for 30 min until brown and crispy on top. Enjoy!

TIPS & Suggestions:
I change it slightly by adding a can of beans, whatever I have- black, pinto, or white beans. I like white beans the best with it. Also I usually do slices of pepper jack cheese on top. I highly recommend the pepper jack cheese.  It gives it a little extra kick.  Also I 1 1/2 -ed the marinade because the chicken soaked up so much I didn't have much left over to mix with the cream. 


1 comment:

  1. Hey, long lost friend! I found your blog through Maren's. I'm excited to look at your recipes. You'll have to check out my blog and see or little family.

    ReplyDelete